So I promised my mom last year that I would run the Rock and Roll Half Marathon with her. I didn't think of it until it was time to actually train. With the recovery of my tummy tuck, our move and the start of preschool this race REALLY snuck up on me. Before I knew it, the race was three weeks away and I knew I could only run 2 miles. Yikes! I also just had 1 hour of childcare to train so after a week or so I was able to run the entire hour which, for me, was 5 miles. On race day, that's all I knew I could do, but I would try by best to just finish in three hours. With my surprise, my mom and I ran the entire race without stopping and finished in 2 hours and 32 minutes. Yeah! I'm so glad that day is over though. ;)
This picture is of my mom and I just approaching mile 13. I had hit my wall at mile 11, but knew I had to finish without stopping.
My mom, Carrie (a friend and employee of IDRC), myself and my girls after the race.
My cheerleader, Caitlyn.
2 comments:
HOLY COW GIRL!!!! You are a rockstar! I am so impressed that you did it! I totally flaked on that race. :(
You must be so proud of yourself! How fun to do something for yourself that isn't "mommy related." :D
Hope to see you soon.
Miss you,
Liz
That's awesome! CONGRATS Michelle! I ran that 1/2 mara last year and it's a tough one. You are a total rockstar :)
Post a Comment