Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween





We had such a fun Halloween!  I really wanted to go back to the Bay Area and keep all of our past Halloween traditions, but also wanted the girls to experience it here, in our new neighborhood, so I decided to stay at home.  So glad I did (even though I do miss all our friends. :) )   We have been really blessed with such an amazing neighborhood!  My dad was walking around with us taking pictures of the kids and stated this scene (our whole neighborhood trick or treating at the same time) looked like a scene from when he was a kid.  I mean, there had to be 40-50 kids, all around the same age, running around, going door to door.  The parents were chit-chatting in the street with drinks and the kids were playing and having the time of their lives.  In the Bay Area I would have had my "mommy" eye out for my kiddos every second.  Here, I feel at ease and safe.  We really had a great day and are ready to begin making traditions in our new home!
Here are a couple picture of our Halloween evening:
This picture is hard to see, but there are about 15 little kids running around the tree while 20-30 adults are hanging out in the street.
Jake the turtle!
We had my parents and another family over for pizza before trick or treating.





No comments: